- This event has passed.
What do you mean, it’s “statistically significant”?
June 29, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
As a reporter, if you remember nothing else from college stats, it should be how to tell if a number is both newsworthy and trustworthy. Investigative/data skills series: What do you mean, it’s “statistically significant”?
- Tyler Whetstone (Knoxville News Sentinel, City government reporter)
- Shivani Patel (Ventura County Star, Education reporter)
- Briana Rice (Cincinnati Enquirer, GA reporter)
- Tim Webber (Des Moines Register, Data reporter)
- Kristi Tanner, (Detroit Free Press, Data reporter and Ph.D. statistician)
Professionals across our Network are coming together to provide a series of workshops on investigative/data reporting and editing skills. Sign up for any and all of these by clicking here.