Part 2 of our metrics refresher. What does success look like? How do you translate what your metrics are telling you into story ideas or deeper insights into what your audience is seeking – both for premium content and reaching new readers with top of funnel content? Plus, an overview of the new Author dashboard that gives you insights into your content, orders and from where orders are coming (social maybe?!).
- To see your site’s benchmarks, use this direct link or start with the link ^ and click “content benchmarks” in the list: https://datastudio.google.com/s/vWO29obE0IQ
- Reporter byline dashboard direct link or again use link ^ and click that in list: https://datastudio.google.com/s/gJ4-LD1DPWs
- Access Parse.ly via Okta at first, but you can bookmark any page with in Parse.ly with the “save view” button or in Chrome as usual and usually won’t have to log in repeatedly. Highly recommend the auto-open tabs.
- Resource: A demo of a 6-min reporter/editor metrics conversation: Cory Myers 6 min beat_meeting_demo.mp4
- Resource: Setting up an emailed author report in Parse.ly: parsely-dashboard-setup-v2-Craig.pdf
- The 101 on how to use Parse.ly/GA dashboards: https://training.usatodaynetwork.com/2022/10/12/metrics-refresher-overview-of-parse-ly-and-google-analytics-dashboards/
More training on Audience Engagement:
Metrics refresher: Overview of Parse.ly and Google Analytics dashboards
This training is recommended for new employees. We cover the basics of how to use our metrics tools.
Understanding our key audience segments
Gannett has done extensive research into people interested in news — those who are in our audience today as well as those who aren’t — so we can better understand who we’re working for. These documents and workshops will help you understand the segments, what members of each segment want from us, and how we can earn them as subscribers.
Community engagement for underserved communities
Q&A conversation about best practices, challenges and outcomes that emerge from engaging and including different communities in our conversations, newsletters and content.
DEI tagging for editors and producers
As your newsroom increases storytelling to reflect the communities we serve, what are best practices for tracking the content? Editors and producers are invited to join this session in which we will share revised tags to use for 2022 and what each tag means.